Saturday, April 10, 2010

Simple Errands

Never in my life have I ever been bored enough to look forward to running errands till a couple days ago. I was laying on the couch wishing I was somewhere else and Tina was like, "I'm going out. Do want anything?" I was like, "I want to go with you." (Scene exaggerated)I figured that wasn't too expensive, right? So, our first stop was Home Depot to scope out prices for our new extensive garden. All is normal until we step into the massive store. I have never been bombarded by so many employees in my seventeen years of living. As we were walking, if we would see those overly courteous orange aprons, we would take a sudden detour avoiding eager workers. Also, since we were of the female persuasion, they think we don't know what a shovel is. As we passed the toilet aisle, I turned and all of the sudden I matrixed, avoiding the devious pipes soaring through the air by the distracted carrier. I feared for my life in that split second. He went, "Woo" while I went "Woo." It was all good, but I made a vow to myself to become more aware in such a hardcore zone. Walking with the newly acclaimed eagle eyes I possessed at that moment, a shirtless beach bum (not too hard on the eyes) walked by as I turned into the sharp corner that was the 'Lawn Mowers'. The bulky fertilizer on his husky shoulders was the ultimate test of strength. After he turned the corner away from our presence, I knelt to floor laughing in awe because of the sheer awkwardness this man oozed. After our adventure, we went to the local cafe (Starbucks)and sipped away at our frappes, reminiscing on the liveliness of our lives (for once).

2 comments:

  1. You're amazing!!! Can I have your autograpgh??? I'm your number 1 fan!!! I LOVE YOUUUU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can entirely see the full scene, start to finish. I heard the sound effects too.

    Come follow me on my blog, if you wish, J to the Whiff.

    ReplyDelete